On May 11, 2021, USCIS announced that Biometric Services Appointment may now be re-scheduled by calling the USCIS Contact Center (800-375-5283). Applicants must establish good cause for rescheduling and must call before the date and time of their original appointment to reschedule.
It seems applicants may still reschedule by mailing back the biometrics notice with the box checked for rescheduling. Submitting rescheduling in writing does not normally require a specific reason.
Please see related posts:
- Breaking: USCIS to Eliminate Biometrics Requirement for I-539 filers starting May 17, 2021
- Expediting a Pending I-765 EAD
- I-485 Receipt Delay Update
- USCIS Receipt Delay Update: H-4 / H-4 EAD
- Potential Issues Faced by Returning LPRs after Extended Stays Overseas
- USCIS is Responding Quickly to Service Request Inquiry